1).Daily CURRENT AFFAIRS 03rd Jan 2018 In BANKING
i). FRDI( Financial Resolution Deposit Insurance) BILL:
FRDI bill aims to set up a resolution corporation which will monitor financial companies, categorise them as per their risk profiles and step in to prevent them from going bankrupts BY writing down their liabillities.
2). TELECOM INTERCONNECTION REGULATIONS 2018
It come into effect from February 1, 2018, also provide for a daily penalty up to 1 lack per service area for operators violating the new norms.
3). INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTY BILL 2017
- Rajya Sabha passes the Insolvency and Bankrupty code (2017) bill.It indicates the unscrupulous persons from misusing the provisions of the code.
- Finance minister Arun jaitley said Bitcoins or cryptocurrency are not legal tender and it at their own risk
4). Electoral bonds scheme 2017
The bonds are bearer instrument in the nature of promissory note and an interest-free banking instrument. A citizen of India or a body incorporated in India will be eligible to purchase the bond. It is multiples of 1000, 10000, 10 Lack, and 1 Cr from anybranches of SBI. It is encashed by an eligible political party only through a designated bank account with the authorised bank.
Daily Current Affairs 3rd Jan 2018 PERSONS IN THE NEWS
- D.H. Waghala is new chairperson of the Karnataka State Human Rights Commission(KSHRC)
- D.P. Singh is the new chairman of UGC (University Grant Commission). He succed ved prakash
- Rajider khanna is appointed as Deputy National Security Adviser( NSA ). He was former Director of Research and Analysis Wing( RAW ).
POLICIES, SCHEMES, EVENTS AND OTHER NEWS
- A comprehensive Rehabilitation and Resettlement policy is notify by the Kerala govt
- The famous Dhanu yatra of Bargarh in Odisha is the largest Open air theatre in the world, is to be concluded
- The Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas of ASEAN countries in Singapore on Jan 7 and the THEME is Ancient route, new journey: diasora in the dynamic ASEAN- India partnership.
- The defence ministry give the final procurment of 131 Barak missiles for the navy and 240 precision guided munitions ( PGM) for the Indian Air Force.
- Uganda country clear the age limit for presidential election.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has commissioned the world’s largest off gas cracker facility at its Jamnagar complex. It is entering into the league of the top five petrochemical producers globally.