Daily Current Affairs 5th January 2018
Today To Top 9 Daily Current Affairs 5th January 2018 Updates For you guys. Check out carefully, also note down on your current affairs note book. Also stay with us current events details
- Third metro rail corridor Approved in Pune: The central government was approved 3rd Metro rail corridor in pune. It has 23.5 km distance from Shivajinagar to Hinjewadi. This corridor under the Public Private Partnership ( PPP ). The Central government will give 1,137 crore and The state government will provide 1,812 crore.
- 16th Pune International Film festival: The 16th Pune International Film festival is going to held from January 11 to 18 in Pune. In this film festival fourteen films are shortlisted for the PIFF (Pune International Film Festival) competition
- Dhaatu International Puppet Festival 2018: Dhaatu International Puppet Festival is annually held in Bangalore and nearly 150 artists and scholars participating in this festival.
- Lok Sabha passed bill to increase salaries of judges: The lok Sabha passed a bill to increase the salaries of judges of the Supreme court and High courts. This bill indicates to increase the salary of the chief justice of India to 2.80 lakh a month and the judges of High courts to 2.5 lack a month. The increment as per the recommendation of the 7th pay commission.
- Defense Ministry approved the deal of P-81 and LICEWS: Defense Minister Nirmal Sitaraman approved the buying of The P-81 training solution from Boeing for the worth of 1,942.32 crore and the second deal was for the procurement of Low Intensity Conflict Electronic Warfare System (LICEWS) for the Army from Bharat Electronics Limited for the cost of 470 crore.
- Mallya is a Proclaimed offender: Under the violation of FERA (Foreign Exchange Regulation Act) Delhi High court declared that businessman Vijjay Malya a proclaimed offender.
- Sivanandan is no more: Srilanka born British writer Ambalavaner Sivanandan, theorist of state racism and Black liberation politics and founding editor of Race & Class journal is passed away in London. He is well know for his novel WHEN MEMORY DIES.
- 7.75% savings bonds introduced by central: The central government introduced the 7.75% saving bonds, it will help citizens investment in a taxable Instrument. The sale of these instruments starts from January 10, 2018. Individuals, Joint holders and Hindu Undivided Families are eligible for investment in these saving bonds. The cost of saving bonds starts at 100 rupee and multiple of 1000 rupee and it is exempted from
wealth Tax Act, 1957. The maturity period is seven years caring interest at 7.75% per annum payable half yearly.
- ONE LINE UPADATES: Strand Life Sciences, a bioinformatics company acquired the Healthcare Global Enterprised (HCG).
- RBI initiated the Allahabad Bank under the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA).